Form I, II, III, IV, V & VI
OUR EDUCATIONAL GOALS
At Primary level our program is developed via the different subjects, with the following aims and learning activities:
– We practise active and experimental education, maximising innovation and, in turn, critical and creative thinking, respecting and valuing the individuality of each student.
– In English Academy Santa Claus we ensure that students are involved in school life, building up a solid work ethic and sense of responsibility.
– The teaching material is the same as that used by students in Great Britain, in the English language.
– Educating the students in the management of their emotions is of prime importance and is addressed by way of various strategies (philosophy, ethics and public spirit, debates, tutorials etc). In Ciclo Inicial, this is done through the Philosophy Projecte 3/18.
– Knowledge of the natural world focuses on experiments, observation and fieldwork, following scientific methods and continuing with the Science Projecte 6/12 and others.
– Thanks to the fact that our students arrive at this level with a good mental conception of mathematics, we can continue developing this capacity and consolidate logical and mathematical reasoning.
– Oral skills, in all three languages, are re-inforced at this level, with a variety of activities (oral presentations, theatre, radio work, rhetoric, singing etc).
– Written language is worked on from all perspectives, both academic (spelling, grammar, expression) and creative/stylistic (Juegos Florales – an annual creative writing competition-, theatre plays, school magazine etc.) in all three languages.
– We foster the enjoyment of reading and, to this end, we design groups that are flexible, as well as reading and comprehension sessions. Books aid the development of imagination, the exchange of ideas and the perfecting of language.
– In the senior classes, we help the students to understand the concepts of history and temporal space.
– Artistic sensibilities are maximised and promotoe observation and creation, in different areas, giving special importance to the manual arts.
– Singing continues to be our primary link to music, though without neglecting musical theory
– Awareness of our cultural reality and knowledge of other cultures permits our students to re-inforce their personal identity and, at the same time, to be respectful, open-minded and tolerant.
– By way of exercise, games and physical preparation, the boys and girls come to a better understanding of themselves, discovering their own potential. Effort promotes personal development. In the same way, with sport, one learns to manage oneself within a team.